Bust of George Paulin, Rector.

Irvine Royal Academy

Timeline of History

 

1572

King James VI provided funds to help establish a new school in Irvine.

1814

Foundation Stone of David Hamilton-designed academy laid.

1816

New academy opened.

1872

Education (Scotland) Act passed, bringing schools under the control of school boards.

1901

New school opened on 27 December, built on site of Hamilton buildng.

1902

Irvine Royal Academy Old Pupils' Association formed.

1912

Bust of George Paulin presented to school.

1932

Annexe building erected on former school playing fields.

1952

Irvine Royal Primary Department closed.

1969

Ravenspark Academy opened August 1969. Official opening took place on 12 November 1969 by William Paterson JP, Convener of the County of Ayr.

1993

Irvine Royal Academy and Ravenspark Academy merged in July 1993. The school badge was designed by Debbie Flannigan, an S3 pupil at the time.

1994

New Irvine Royal Academy officially opened by Councillor Elliot Gray JP, 22 March 1994.

2017

Mrs Alison Crawford appointed as Head Teacher